Saturday, February 11, 2006
Cannibal Corpse : statement about Wacken 2006 cancellationWe regret to announce that we have to cancel our appearance at the Wacken Open Air in 2006. The cancellation is due to a scheduling conflict with a large tour in the USA that we will be appearing on. We have now been told that the USA tour(more details about this tour will be released on February 15th) will run from July 7th to August 13th, where originally we had been told that it would likely run from June until July. We would not have scheduled a Wacken performance if we had been aware of this conflict.
We were really looking forward to playing Wacken, so we are quite disappointed that this has to happen, but we did not want to cancel a month long tour to perform a single concert. We are very sorry to all of our fans who were planning to see us at Wacken, and also to the festival organizers, who are in no way responsible for our cancellation. We hope to perform at Wacken again in the years to come, but unfortunately this year it is not possible.
Categories: music, metal, news, deathmetal, cannibal_corpse, athwart666